Tuesday 23rd June 2020
We have had a good response to our survey asking parents to tell us if their child would like to attend school before the end of term.
Mrs Hughson and Miss Hoyle are looking forward to welcoming a different year group into school each week between now and the end of term on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am until 1pm.
Year 3 - Week beginning 29th June 2020
Year 4 - Week beginning 6th July 2020
Year 5 - Week beginning 13th July 2020
The children will be based in Buzzards and Harriers classrooms for the 4 mornings and we will try to organise the groupings so children are in the class with their friends.
We will email you directly to let you know which group your child will be in for the 4 mornings. If your child is in the Harriers group, they will come to the main lower school entrance in the playground. If they are in the Buzzards group, they will go to the classroom door.
School looks very different at the moment and we are asking everyone to maintain 2 metre distance from each other to keep everyone safe. Only one person is allowed on the stairs at any one time and only one child is allowed in the toilet area at a time to ensure we are social distancing. We will talk the children through all of this on the first day in. To help with this, we have put lots of measures in place to ensure the children and adults in the school are safe. Please look at the website, under the Covid 19 section if you wish to watch the video, see the map and read the risk assessment and the information about the school day.
Please take note of the below:
• Please ensure your child has a pack lunch with them in school.
• Please ensure they have a labelled water bottle with them each day.
• We will not be changing for PE, so please ensure they have suitable footwear. (NO FLIP FLOPS)
• Please send your child to school in: Polo top and school jumper if wanted, and dark bottoms.
• Please ensure your child has Sun cream on, we will not be able to help with this in school.
• Please ensure the one-way system around the outside of the school building is followed at all times.
During the 4 mornings, we will talk to the children about next year, their teachers and their class groupings so they can feel involved in the process. As always, remember we have an open door policy and are very happy to talk anything through with you. Please do get in touch.
We hope this letter will answer all your questions but if there are any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.