This is our latest page for Coronavirus Updates and is valid from September 2021
It is good news that Covid rules are set to change significantly for next year. We cannot wait to return to:
- Our normal range of clubs
- Sharing Collective Worship as a whole school in the hall
- House points and house point parties to celebrate the children’s achievements and efforts
- Mixed upper and lower school play times
- Lunch time in the hall
- Normal start and finish times for the children
The changes announced this week (6th July 2021) for the new school year include:
- The system of "bubbles" - where children only mix within a fixed year or class group - will come to an end.
- Under-18s will only have to self-isolate if they test positive for Covid-19
- A pupil who has been in close contact with someone with Covid will be advised to take a PCR test instead of isolating
- It will no longer be necessary to stagger start-and finish-times in schools
- Face coverings will no longer be legally required compulsory and social distancing will no longer be necessary - BUT crowded indoor places where people are close together, when travelling or when someone else is uncomfortable, as a courtesy - they may be expected so please bring one with you to all school events and activities.
- All schools will be asked to offer pupils two Covid tests at the beginning of the autumn term as a one-off event
We will continue to follow the latest guidance and regularily update families with information. For now we are leaving our Covid Plan on the web site for your interest.